Monday, May 18, 2009

Upcoming Events

Tim Leach, one of my favorite St. Louis poets, will be reading from his work next Tues. evening, May 26, at Poetry at the Pointe on Sutton Blvd. in Maplewood, 7:00 p.m. On the same bill is poet Pam Garvey, professor at STLCC-Meramec, very accomplished younger poet. Don't hesitate to be there. That series has been very uneven, but for that evening I personally guarantee you some good poetry. Tim, a fomer showboat actor, almost never reads his work in public, for reasons too complicated for me to understand.

Then on Thursday, May 28, the Poetry in Motion winners (count 'em, 15 of them) read the poems to be posted on groovy posters on the MetroLink transit system for one year. That event will be at 6:00 p.m. at the Regional Arts Commission, across from the Pageant Theater on Delmar. Look for the poems on the MetroLink and buses very soon. It's mind-bending but refreshing to see poetry in such strange, anonymous places. I wonder who first came up with the idea of posting poetry on public transit.

1 comment:

  1. Tim is also one of my favorite poets and a good friend.

    I wish I could be at these events! Ah, but I'll be out of town on a long-awaited beach vacation! With you and Tim in spirit...

    ReplyDelete