Tuesday, July 21, 2009

A Real Simple Scam

Don't enter that Real Simple contest -- alas, here is the fine print, under Section 5, sent to me by Linda O'Connell -- you'd be giving your work away:

"In addition, by entering, Entrant grants to Sponsor a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license to edit, publish, promote, and republish at any time in the future and otherwise use Entrant’s submitted essay, along with Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information, and any other information provided by Entrant, in any and all media for possible editorial, promotional, or advertising purposes, without further permission, notice, or compensation (except where prohibited by law)."

I am removing the "Real Simple" blog entry and retracting my encouragement for you to enter.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this info, I just stumbled across your blog via a link from The Writer Mama. I, too, had seen this contest and plugged it. Thanks to your post I was able to update what I'd shared with my writer friends. Great blog you have!

    ReplyDelete