Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Meet Me: Preview the Book

My book Meet Me: Writers in St. Louis, is in production, and here's a PDF peek at what it will look like inside. I include the whole interview with poet Tess Gallagher, then in St. Louis promoting her books of poems Moon Crossing Bridge and Portable Kisses. That was in 1992, back when publishers actually sent poets on promotional tours. Tess was once my teacher, as I say in the headnote. Enjoy it -- the book has 12 more interviews: Carl Phillips, Ntozake Shange, Harper Barnes, Eddy L. Harris, Eric Pankey, more...Meet Me is now due to be published by Penultimate Press in December. Pardon me for my pride in it! You can pre-order by clicking here.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to have a copy in my hands! Autographed by the interviewer, of course! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to get my copy, Catherine. Really looking forward to it. I'm embarrassed to say that the little bit I know about Tess Gallagher was mostly about her relationship with Carver. Good stuff here!

    ReplyDelete