Sunday, April 5, 2009

You're Just a Little Piece of Software

Just as you are about to complete any big writing project -- at the 95 percent point or so -- a little piece of software may well kick in. It invades the mind of the confident writer, who begins to think:
  • I'm tired.
  • Why bother.
  • Get somebody else to freaking do this freaking work.
  • I've changed my mind.
  • Whatever I get won't be enough.
  • This project isn't worth it.
  • It's high time I started letting other people down and disappointing them.
  • Need a week off.
  • For this I gave up my social life?
  • Surrender.
I know it's just a little piece of punk-ass software and I can slap it down.

1 comment:

  1. My software says: take a break and read your friend's blogs. And with yours, I'm never disappointed.

    ReplyDelete