Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Ancient Wisdom

There was no online list of Judeo-Christian Bible quotations specifically selected for writers -- that I could find -- so I made this one. All writers believe in something. I believe in great quotations as sources of strength and inspiration.

By their fruits you shall know them. Matt. 7:16

For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord; plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future. Jerem. 29:11 (NIV)

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

Write thee all the words that I have spoken unto thee in a book. Jerem. 30:2

With God all things are possible. Matt. 19:26

Study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and work with your own hands. Thess. 4:11

Of making many books there is no end. Eccles. 12:12

Now go, write it on a tablet before them and inscribe it on a scroll, that it may serve in the time to come as a witness forever. Isia. 30:8 (NAS)

For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Matt. 11:26

1 comment: